PLI is the only insurer in the Indian Life Insurance market today, which gives
the highest return (bonus) with the lowest premium charged for any product in
A PLI/RPLI policy holder also gets following facilities :
- Change of nomination.
- The insurant can take loan by pledging his/her policy to Heads of the
Circle/Region on behalf of President of India, provided the policy has completed
3 years in case of Endowment Assurance and 4 years in case of Whole Life
Assurance. The facility of assignment is also available.
- Assignment of Policy to any Financial Institution for taking loan.
- Revival of his/her lapsed policy. Policy lapses after 6 unpaid premiums if it
remained in force for less than 3 years and after 12 unpaid premiums if it
remained in force for more than 3 years.
- Issue of Duplicate Policy Bond in case of the original Policy Bond is lost,
- Conversion from Whole Life Assurance to Endowment Assurance and from Endowment
Assurance to other Endowment Assurance as per rules.